The main properties and advantages of Cooky:
- Wireless – Monitor the cooking temperature on your smartphone
- Remote alerts – If you leave the range of BT (15m, 50ft), the smartphone can send alerts to all your devices whilst connected with BT, limited only by your internet connection. You may leave the house and still know when dinner is perfect.
- Easy to use – Download the App and connect it to the Cooky.
- Record the temperature without the App – Cooky works independently and records the temperature history even before you start the App. Place the Cooky on the pot and when the temperature increases, Cooky turns on. The temperature history from the previous 30 minutes will be transferred to the App.
- Over boil and temperature alert (Smartphone and Cooky)
- Estimation of the duration until the start temperature is reached and the cooking time depending on the residual heat. This is based on the Van’t Hoff equation.
- Reminder – You are reminded if a temperature that requires a certain action is reached, a recipe step is to do or the cooking time is over,
- Step by step cooking – Get inspired by the prepared recipes included in the App or record your own recipes.
- Learning mode – Record your own recipes and reproduce them later.
- Share – Export the recorded temperature curve in the csv format.
- Easily washable – The materials are optimized for easy cleaning.
- All cooker types – You can use Cooky with electric cookers, gas cookers, ceramic hobs and induction hobs.
- BBQ – Use the optional additional plug probe sensor with a 1m (3.28ft) cable to measure the core and the ambient temperature in an oven, grill or smoker.
- Rechargeable – With standard micro USB connector/recharger. (USB cable and recharger are not included in the delivery)
- Replaceableaccumulator – We aim to create a product with a long service life that is as sustainable as possible.
What material are used and the technical specifications of the device and the probe sensors.
- Pot probe sensor: Cable material: PTFE (Teflon) cord, Length: ~12 cm (~0.39ft), Probe material: Stainless steel , Temperature range -5°C – 250°C (23°F – 482°F), Accuracy 0.3°C (0.54°F)
- Plug probe sensor: Probe with two sensors for core and ambient temperature, Cable material: High-heat silicone metal shielded cord, length: ~1m (~3.28ft) , Probe material: Stainless steel, Temperature range -20°C – 300°C (-4°F – 572°F), Accuracy 1°C (1.8°F)
- Dimensions: 50*40*20mm (1.97*1.57*0.79inch)
- Operating time >160h (non-stop cooking), stand-by >180 days
- Rechargeable with a standard USB re-charger (Micro USB connector)
- Smartphone/Tablet: Minimal OS version: Android 4.3, iPhone 4s, iPad, 3rd generation
- BTE 4.0 (Bluetooth Low Energy) distance range 15m (50ft)